Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Back

We are back from possibly the best Blues Fest in the nation. I know - quite a boast, but when taken in total, music, setting, community - this is a winner.

Over the course of the four days, I heard a lot of great music. The people watching was tasty as well. This photo shows a common sight of a freighter floating past as the crowd soaks up the sun and sounds.

Today is a bitter-sweet day for me. Today would have been our 20th wedding anniversary. I posted more here, so, nuff said.

Right now, things are still quiet round the old house. The kids are sawing logs. The dog is stretched out on the floor at my feet. The paper has been read and breakfast eaten. Soon, I will put on some old clothes and go out to weed the front garden in memory of C. There will be other tasks done today in her memory - things that I know would bring her pleasure. I can't think too much about them though, or my vision blurs and I start to leak.

I miss her.

P.

5 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

i know it's a day late but i hope your day was not too overwhelming. i hope there were moments of peace and eve na thing or two that put a smile on your face. i'm glad the blues festival was a great time. i hoep it was most therapeutic. thank you for sharing that lovely photo of 20 yrs ago.

1:02 PM, August 17, 2006  
Blogger Megs said...

You seem like someone who is very strong despite all odds. I hope that your day was full of happy memories and that you accomplished those things you set out to do. I'm sure that she is looking down on you and is proud.

Meagan

1:45 PM, August 17, 2006  
Blogger Tiffanie said...

Phaedros,

The picture was beautiful. I am glad to put a face with what I've been reading.

I am curious about the punishments you had to enforce on your daugher, how did that turn out? (If you feel like sharing) I am curious because I am a struggling parent and it intrigues me and I like how the punishment was fair and fit the crime.

2:41 PM, August 17, 2006  
Blogger Phaedrous said...

Thanks for the notes and comments.

Yesterday went well. I had a few moments where there was sudden pressure behind the bridge of my nose and I had to blink a bit to clear my vision.

I wound up taking the kids out to dinner and they were a pleasure to be with.

Tiffanie, my daughter agreed that the punishment was fair and that she would honor the contract. She is basically a very good kid and is learning to make decisions based upon some thought rather than immediate rewards. This is a volitile period in anyone's life when you go from being a child to being an adult. There are some who never really make the transition. My biggest hope is that my children learn to take responsibility for their actions.

P.

2:52 PM, August 17, 2006  
Blogger Tiffanie said...

Yes there are some who never make the transition.

9:05 AM, August 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home