Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Good News

It is a cold and rainy day here in Minnesota. Not cold enough to snow, not yet, but you can feel it coming.

I just arrived home after a forty minute drive through congested freeways, thinking how much I enjoyed not having to make that commute on a daily basis. I was down at my medical clinic to meet with my oncologist. He had the results of the CT scan that I had done yesterday.

I am not quite normal on the inside, but damn close. For a guy in my situation, you don’t get better news than that. It was a good thing that they weren’t taking pictures of my head.

I will do one more round of the treatment next week, Monday through Thursday, then quit. This is good. I was trying to decide how I would get through turkey day while doing chemo. Not an issue now.

It is amazing what something like this does to one’s outlook. Even though the sky is grey and all is wet, I feel warm and dry. Even the big toe on my left foot feels better, which, given the flare-up of gout that has plagued me for the last three days, is saying something.

This is no guarantee of course. The disease will come back – sometime, but for now, we have scored a small tactical victory. I will gladly take that, for whatever time I have.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming…..

8 Comments:

Blogger Cheesy said...

Most EXCELLENT news babe!!! I'm doing the happy dance!! [look away if you have a weak stomach]

9:39 PM, October 18, 2006  
Blogger Kristie said...

Wonderful news, P. I'm so glad.

10:44 PM, October 18, 2006  
Blogger John Cowart said...

This is great news! I'm happy for you.

3:42 AM, October 19, 2006  
Blogger lime said...

oh phaed! i am SOOO happy for you! grey and rainy here too and i've been sick as a dog since yesterday but yep...feeling warm and dry and good because of your good news.

happy dance and big hugs!

7:45 AM, October 19, 2006  
Blogger Phaedrous said...

Thank you everyone. Your thoughts and comments mean a lot.

P.

8:23 AM, October 19, 2006  
Blogger Beth said...

I'm so happy for you, Sugar!!!

1:34 PM, October 19, 2006  
Blogger Moosekahl said...

Good news...now if this damn Minnesota cold and rainy would perk up too! It's wearing on my this week. Again, glad for your good news

8:15 PM, October 19, 2006  
Blogger Irene said...

It's my first time to visit and I was at first saddened and then delighted by your news. I just want you to know I sincerely wish you well and I'm rooting for you. c",)

3:31 PM, October 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home