Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Slipping Away

There are times of late when I think C is loosening her moorings to this plane. Yesterday, she spent long periods of time just sitting, staring at nothing in particular. It is like she is halfway to a place that I cannot see.

It is hard to watch, but also comforting in a way. I have always wondered about death. I have thought about my own and speculated about how it will unfold. Watching C is like having a guide. If it were not for the feeling shitty part and the incredible sadness of losing the love of my life and mother of my children, this would be a very interesting process.

How does one go about preparing to die?

P.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How does one prepare? I have no idea... I can only imagine living each day as if it is your last.... although I know I do not do that.

3:23 AM, May 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home